Defined Spaces

An interpretation of my surroundings

Commuting daily on the subway train may look mundane but it can be different. What is missing is the lack of interactions and optimising of spaces to make it interesting. It made me think about areas where we are encouraged to interact with each other and our surroundings. As I walk in my neighbourhood, I noticed the playground is an instigator of interactions, imaginations, creativity and storytelling. It made me think about fusing elements into the transport function. It seems unrealistic but investigations into the possibilities was enlightening.



01. Surroundings
Emotions of mine and observation of surrounding commuters.





02. Trains
Phones, plug ins, seats that do no encourage conversation. A purely functional interior. Probably designed to cater to peaked periods.





03Playground
Open area. Structures that make you think and imagine. No fixed way of usage and open to possibilities.





04. The fusion
Playful and open environment, encourages conversation and relaxation. Peak periods could pose an issue but mood would be different as compared to no. 02.






















Here are some sketches I have taken while commuting. 



Comments